domingo, 3 de junio de 2012

Go Judge a Book by its Cover

The title: Invisible Cities. The author: Italo Calvino. The result: A story that can be read in 8 different ways but only one of them allows you to understand the storyline.

I had began reading before being aware of this, so I chose to follow the page order. After I began getting an idea of the context (which I still really don´t get), I noticed the image in the book´s cover. Seems like an overlap of images, I thought. Followed by the doubt of these pictures having any particular meaning, I used the powers of Google and found the logo of the Venezia Hotel Bauer Grunwald had been included there. Success in my search led me to continue. The article found said the hotel opened in 1880, after a marriage between the Bauer and Grunwald families. Low blow after reading that Kublai Khan lived until 1294.  

The image also had traces of stucco, commonly used in the 1500s to give texture to exteriors. Still a long time after Kublai Kahn´s reign. All this has proven that you can never judge a book by its cover. Even if you have some background from the book, a magic tool like Google (holds all the answers to life) or other sources, it is not wise to do so. 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario