martes, 27 de septiembre de 2011

Carpe Diem

I see a trend in Billy´s attitude. He is SO easily satisfied with life I feel frustrated. He could achieve so much more but seems like life doesn´t have to do much in order to impede his from growing in various aspects.

As far as I´ve read, he´s satisfied with:

- His wife
- Her physique
- His Earthling habitat
- His lack of the ability to see in many dimensions
- Death
- His room tempreture
- Bed in the Concentration camp

The list could go on for a long time. They lead me to ask myself, why would Billy be satisfied to easily? Did he give up on life, even though he had a life many would consider enviable? What would be so striking to cause a man to lose the desire to keep living?

People do even the impossible to live, often depending on other´s leftovers to feed their families, or stealing food to have access to it. I find it hurtful that Billy is so "eager" to have a roadblock instead of overcoming it, given to all the things and commodities he can access.

War may have been one of the reasons leading Billy´s trian of thought, yet I can´t be sure, since the way he´s "unstuck in time" makes it hard for the reader to organize chronologically certain events which are related.
Finally, the way Billy is so careless about death reminds me of diverse cultures in terms of similarities and differences. There are endless ways to embrace death, ignore it, mourn because of it, or introduce concepts to inforce the continuum of the soul in this world.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario